Yep - it's true. I have bloggers block. I've had it all day long. You see, this morning I made a to-do list of all the things I wanted to accomplish before bed. 'Blog' is one of the items on that there list. Throughout the day, I have returned to the list, chosen my next task, and consistently passed up 'Blog.' I simply haven't had any brilliant sparks to ignite my next blog.
But now, the day is coming to a close, and the list is coming to an end. It has come down to two items. I was about to skip over 'Blog' once again - but then I considered my other option........... The ugly, horrifying, monsterous, humongous pile of clean laundry just waiting to be sorted and put away. So - here I am - blogging without a plan - without an inspiration - without a concrete idea.
I did have a few beginnings - but none of them seemed to be going anywhere. However, since I have nothing else to say - and for the purpose of filling up space - I will now share some of today's rejected blog brainchildren with you (aren't you the lucky one).
1. I have four children, and, therefore do not often have the opportunity to spend time alone with the youngest. Today I had the chance to do just that - and it turns out he's actually pretty nice. Who knew?
2. The craziest thing happened today - it was completely warm and sunny - then, suddenly, out of the blue sky (literally), it started POURING and HAILING - you know, like chunks of ice from the sky! Just as suddenly, the sun was shining and the sky was a beautiful clear blue. FREAKY!!!!
3. I read this article about how, when people at work treat you like garbage and make you feel like krap, you should reach out to them in friendship and mentally send them love and peace. Why? Because they are probably dealing with problems in their life that have nothing to do with you, and that you cannot begin to imagine. Well, I don't know about all that. I have worked way too long on perfecting my eye-roll, my 'talk to the hand' posture, my 'who do you think you are?' head tilt, and my overall 'you are such an idiot' expression to give it up just like that.
4. You are about to feel sorry for me when you read this! You know my annoying husband? Listen to what he does. Every single day he takes the dirty clothes out of all of the hampers, and off of the floor, the chair, the couch, and the refrigerator. He then washes them, dries them, and folds them. Sounds nice, huh? Well, here's the kicker. He takes all of those clean folded clothes and puts them on top of the dresser. He doesn't sort. He doesn't deliver to the proper bedroom. He doesn't put away. All of that is, apparently, supposed to be my job. So here I sit, forced to stare at this ever-growing pile of clean clothes. On top of that, in the morning when one of these kids has no pants, it's me that has to dig through the ridiculously large pile so they don't have to go to school in their underwear (that is, if they had any underwear in their dresser). It's inhumane, that's what it is.
I don't know. I tried, I really did - but none of those topics were going anywhere. I just wasn't feeling it today. I even went so far as to type 'Blog Topics' into my search engine. There are a few people who have actually created and shared lists of blog topics for people to use - but they must have kept all of the good ideas for themselves because I didn't see one thing that got me going. Here are some examples of what I found:
Well - I don't know that I actually have any potential customers. The only people who might qualify are three years old and they can't read - so they don't tend to follow my blog. Anyway, my advice to them is to put their toys away at clean up time and keep their hands to themselves so they can avoid having a time-out.
2. What bugs me? Can I write about another way to approach it?
There are so many things that bug me that listing them would simply take up way too much time and space. The best approach would be for people to stop being so dimwitted and annoying all the time.
3. How do I _________________?
What? How do I, what? What does that even mean? I can't imagine I'd be able to put together two sentences about how I _______________. I don't think I ever have ________________ed. Whatever.
4. Will American Idol be the same without Simon?
Ummmmm, no....... Blog Over.
All right, well, hopefully I will be back to my normal, brilliant, amazing, divine, awe-inspiring self tomorrow. Just in case, though, if you have any thoughts rolling around in your head that you always wished somebody would blog about - send them my way. I will try to do them justice. And here's the good news , we are communicating through computer, right? So, when I read your ideas, you wont even see my 'you are such an idiot' expression! Brilliant, right?
Oh well..... I have one last decision to make for today. Will it be Bed or will it be Humongous pile of clean clothes? Hmmm..............I think - Bed. Good night.