Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Break!!!!

Oh Yeah!  It's officially summer break!

So, the absolute best thing about being a teacher is summer break! (That is, other that the kids......That's for all the parents who might be offended that the best thing about being a teacher is summer break.)   At exactly 3:07 this afternoon, my final day of professional development week ended, and my Summer break officially started.  This was after I was honored as one of the four All Star Teacher's of this year, and forced to watch a training video in which I was featured, and in which I looked like a complete idiot!  (I think I had better keep writing, because I clearly don't have a future in film).

Anyway - 3:07 rolled around, and I was outta there - I ran from the building, jumped into the air while clicking my heels together, and sat in traffic for two hours!  But I am home now, and ready for 9 weeks of relaxation.

Last year I made a long summer to do list.  Unfortunately, over the 9 week period, I only accomplished two things on my list:  sleeping and reading.  So, this year, it's a little bit different.

If you recall, I learned all about writing ABC books this week.  Well, I have another one to share with you.  My fellow teachers and I (Rosemary, Leslie, Monique, Brooke and Fat Lazy) completed an ABC list of things to do this summer in the Chicago area.  We are all going to complete as many of these items as we can, take pictures as proof, and then share our results when the new school year begins.  I can feel your anticipation - so I wont make you wait any longer.  Here it is:

ABC New and Exciting Things We Can Do Around Here

Adventure to the female strip club
Beach bumming
Chicago tour bus
Date night downtown
Explore Chinatown
Fantasy night
Go to a museum
Have a romantic picnic
Invest in a ticket to the Willis Tower and stand on the edge
Jump into Lake Michigan
Kill time by taking a drive to St Louis
Lick Ice Cream
Make time for yourself
Never complain or be negative
Open minded
Plan a mini vacation
Quickly do something spontaneous
Really enjoy yourself
Sit in a pool
Take a nap
Understand your goals next year
Visit friends
Watch a concert
Xplore at the taste
Yell at someone who makes you mad
Zoo visit

That's it - my to do list for this summer.  It's a hell of a lot better than cleaning out closets and organizing kitchen drawers!!!!  I think it's going to be a good summer!!!!  

What are you going to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment