Monday, June 14, 2010

Mango cream

The other eveining I was sitting at home with my kids, and I had a taste for a cone cottage frozen yogurt/ berry italian ice.  I wanted it really bad, but I didn't get it for three reasons:

  1. I didn't really ahve any money
  2. I didn't really feel like getting all my kids ready to go and like taking them to the icecream shop
  3. My husban was at work, and so I couldn't send him to Cone Cottage for me.
Still, even though I knew I wasn't going out for my delicious, cool and refreshing treat, I still wanted it.  I then went through my refrigerator and cabinets, and found the ingredients fo Mango Creme.  It had been a while, but, let me tell you, it is soooo simple, and just as tasty as frozen yogurt/ berry italian ice. 

Here's the recipe:

1 can Mango Pulp (from an Indian or ethnic grocery store)
1 large container fat free cool whip
1 large container fat free vanilla yogurt (optional)

Mix all ingredients together in a blender, or using a hand blender and put in freezer. 

Eat when partially frozen.

I highly recomment this Mango Creme - it is super super delicious, kinda nutritious, and it easily replaces other frozen treats.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment