Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Different Kind Of Beach Day


Well - we are headed home from yet another perfect, beautiful day at the beach.  But today something new happened - something completely different.  Something unheard of, and really quite frightening.  Whether to describe it as wonderful or horrific, I don't know.  I guess I'll just tell you the story.

You see, I was happily lying on the blanket.  I had read a few pages of my book, and then put it down, closed my eyes, and prepared for relaxation mode - AAAAHHHHHHH!  Then, all of a sudden, a thought entered my head - "love the body you're in, and everything it can do for you."  I tried that old trick of mine - I said "SHUT UP, YOU!"  But it was too late - the thought was there, and relaxation mode was ruined.  All this healthiness is kind of messing up my fat lazy lifestyle, you know.  With that one idiotic thought, it seemed that my body should do more than lay there on a blanket, and I should appreciate it.

So, since I couldn't fight it, I decided to consider alternative activities at the beach.  I mean, there is more to do at the beach than lay on a blanket, right?  For instance, one can sit on a blanket.  Or possibly even stand on a blanket.  One might even go so far as to leave the comfort and safety of the blanket, and experience the sand and the water.  I figured that since the thought was stuck there in my head, and relaxation mode was already done for, maybe I would try taking a few steps away from my blanket.

I took more than a few steps, though, I took an entire walk.  I must admit - I enjoyed the walk - and during the walk, another thought entered my head.  Maybe, I thought, just maybe, by calling myself Fat and Lazy all the time, I am living up to that name.  Maybe the title is causing me to hold onto the persona of a Fat Lazy Soccer Mom.  I mean, what kind of Fat Lazy Soccer Mom would I be if I were thin and fit and my kids played basketball?

So, I decided to change my name.  But - what could the new name be?  I thought and thought, and couldn't come up with anything.  The Healthy Hippie is already taken - as is The Health Blog, Healthy Blog and Everything Sucks.  So, what's left?

I came up with nothing - so I have decided to go with "The Blogger Formerly Known as The Fat Lazy Soccer Mom Gets Healthy."  So?  What do you think?  Personally, I think, GENIUS!!!

Maybe I could just have a symbol instead of a name.  Something like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment