Saturday, May 1, 2010

Giving Up The Farm

Howdy Farmville Neighbors,

I got out of bed this morning, and as usual, I made my cup of tea and came to my computer to see how many farmville gifts I have received.  While the temptation to open all of these lovely packages was strong, I resisted.  You see, I think it is time for me to give up the farm.   I hope it wont be turned into real estate land or a parking lot, and I pray that my animals, and especially my circus elephant, will be able to fend for themselves - but I simply must let nature take it's course now, and apply myself to other things, such as my family, my health and my home.

Neighbors, I want you to know how much farming with you has meant to me.  It has been so wonderful to have a community of friends always willing to help out, and so fulfilling to be able to help you in return.  The memories will stay with me always, no matter what new endeavors I pursue.  For instance, I will never forget how you all rallied together to help me build my horse stable.  And of course, there are all those times you cleared my weeds, scared away the foxes, and raked up my leaves.  Your easy willingness to sacrifice your time and materials really touched my heart.  and, gosh, how we worked together to get that circus elephant - what can I say, other than I really love you guys.  I couldn't have done it without you.

There is a time in everyones life when it is simply better to leave some things and some people behind.  This time has been coming for a while now.  But, neighbors, please know that I will carry you in my heart, and I consider you not only my neighbors, but my friends.


Goodbye Farmville - I will miss you.

FLSM

No comments:

Post a Comment