Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Baby is a Man

Well, I think that today I am officially old.  I've made jokes about being old, I've had days where I felt old - But today is the day.  I am about to put on a tasteful dress and conservative make-up so as not to be embarrassing to my son at his High School Graduation.

I honestly don't know how this happened.  It seems like just yesterday, I was a young energetic woman with an infant son.  Today, my son is taller than me, has underarm hair and body odor, and he shaves.  He is ready to be in charge of his own life, ready to make his own decisions, have his own triumphs and make his own mistakes.  How could 17 1/2 years have flown by so fast?  It is hard to believe.

I must say that the teenage years have had their ups and downs (and downs and downs and downs).  but today, I have to say that I am so deeply proud of the young man my baby has become and of the man he is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment