In her book, "Women, Food and God," Geneen Roth spells out seven eating guidelines that will help any person overcome compulsive eating:
- Eat when you are hungry.
- Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety-producing conversations or music.
- Eat what your body wants.
- Eat until you are satisfied.
- Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
- Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.